The purpose of this document is to provide a basic understanding of the social networking features which define the PGMBC Community Center.
Confirmation: Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. Romans 15:7 (KJV).
What is the Community Center?
The Community Center is a social networking platform designed to expand the PGMBC user experience.
Community Center Features
- Member Registration & Profile Management – Members can register and maintain information in their profiles.
- Private Messaging – Allows a private form of communication amongst members.
- Friends & Followers – Allows members to create a following and follow other members of interest.
- Ministry Groups – Allows PGMBC-Cobb ministry leaders to share topics and information specific to their audiences. In addition it provides members with the ability to join and receive email notification of postings from select ministries.
- Members Directory – Provides a listing of registered members creating an atmosphere of awareness and recognition.
- Activity Walls – Works like Facebook in that it provides members with a way to track their postings and the postings of other community members. In addition members have the ability to:
- Update profile information as needed to include adding profile photos, also known as gravatars.
- Upload photos and videos related to PGMBC-Cobb events and/or functions.
- Upload links to resource websites.
- Forums – Provide a way for ministry leaders to create various topics of discussion which allows for interaction from community members.
- Business Directory – Business owners internal and external to Pleasant Grove are able to have their businesses listed and promoted throughout the community and website.